Thread: If FF VII remake came to [your desired console here]

Certified tech, come at me! If FF VII remake came to [your desired console here] SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If FF VII remake came to [your desired console here]

We already know this and that about the FF VII Remake like it will be a timed exclusive to the PS4, battle system is getting worked on, story might deviate a bit while staying faithful, visuals are really enhanced (obvious), voice acting (also obvious), etc. We have also heard that this remake might hit other platforms as well. Instead of making this into a speculation thread (which it isn't), this is more of a "If you worked with square on this game, what kind of exclusivity would you bring to the gaming platform to your choice? And how would you market the game?"

With that out of the way, lets begin!

Amiibo Support!

I, for one, would have it come to the successor to the Wii U, the codenamed NX. If I worked with square on the remake and wanted to bring it to the nintendo platform, I would collaborate with nintendo on bringing amiibo support to the remake (assuming the NX will support amiibos.) There would be amiibos for all the playable characters and how they will work is similar to how they work in smash bros u/3ds, you would equip the amiibos with Weapons and Materia and you will also prioritize their commands (similar to the FFXII gambit system.) They would be your AI characters and fight with your equipment and commands, especially for the main character, Cloud. You would level them up and you can also trade your FF VII amiibos with other people or trade the equipment, materia, command abilities with your friends and transfer them to each other's amiibo.

Special Events!

I would also hold events, competitions, and/or appear as special guest in a nintendo direct! (or, even better, the nintendo treehouse event for a future E3!) to introduce and win non-playable character, summon, and boss amiibo. These amiibo will be special because they will unlock rare items that would be hard to find normally in the game. After the events and competitions for the special amiibo, I'd work with both companies to release them to the public so those who didn't make it to the events and competitions can unlock the rare items in the remake and also give the ability to transfer rare items with other characters.

Downloadable Content!

As for other exclusives, nintendo and square will collaborate and release a bundled Nintendo NX bundle with the game and with a select amiibo from the FF VII remake so people can already get their hands on the game and start their amiibo collection. Additionally, there will be downloadable content which include special side-quests which include finding and unlocking weapons, skills, spells, monsters, and bosses found in NES and SNES era FF games that you can use in the main game. There would also be DLC where you can unlock costumes so you can dress the characters up as other FF series characters like in the Dissidia games and Lighting Returns.

Marketing the Game Itself!

Now that I have worked with nintendo and square marketed and promoted the exclusives, it's now time to determine how I will work with square and nintendo to market the FF VII remake and advertise it for the Nintendo NX. I'd work with both of them advertising the fact that the game was once headed for a nintendo system and now has finally arrived with the latest nintendo system (the NX in this case) and the trailer for the game will advertise the storyline, the gameplay, and then it will advertise some of the features that the nintendo nx will take advantage of like the amiibos, and then the DLC. As for the game boxes, eShop downloads, and the nx bundle, I would have them type out on the labels “For the first time in [enter x years here] years, the greatest FF hits a nintendo system for the first time” To advertise and commemorate the first time release of FF VII on a nintendo console. We would also write a bios on the game manuals and the shop channel on it's origin and how it achieved it's status as the greatest FF of all time and summarize some of the new things to expect in the remake. That is how I would work with both companies on bringing exclusivity to the Nintendo NX, and how I would market the remake for the system.
    Currently Playing:

Boxer of the Galaxy If FF VII remake came to [your desired console here] Rowan's Avatar
    Local shops here are already advertising pre-orders for the xbox one. Take that how you will, but I think that theyre going to have to refund people who order them for that, consdering we know for sure that its coming first to ps4.